Audio engineering is a combination of science and art. This book will help you understand what's under the hood so that you can apply the science as you develop your art. The intent is to tell you a whole lot more about mixers than you'd learn from a typical owner's manual, including:
- Names and functions of the major building blocks of a mixer
- How to read and follow a block diagram
- Signal paths through the mixer
- Function of all the controls and some special features
- Hookup diagrams for many different applications
- Mixing and operating tips
As you can see from below, this comprehensive, insanely informative guide has more sections and chapters than a library filled with War and Peace novels. Never before has a reference guide like this existed with so much information solely for the glorious world of compact mixers. We at Mackie even use it to troubleshoot issues and train personnel.
You can download the chapterized .pdfs.