Warning: We strongly recommend that you backup all of
your files on your D8B's
hard drive BEFORE upgrading to version 5!!! Please
read the Release Notes for
D8B v5 before continuing with the installation.
Note: Unless you have registered and unlocked your
copy of D8B v5 software, it
will run in demo mode for 7 minutes, after which you will
be required to re-boot
the system. In demo mode, you cannot create, open or save
sessions. You can safely
re-install D8B OS version 3.0 if you choose.
Follow these steps if you are downloading onto a Windows™-based
1) Download the ZIP file d8b_b427.zip
2) To expand the ZIP file, you will need WinZip™ (www.winzip.com)
or a similar program installed on your computer. Once downloaded,
double-click on the file. This will launch WinZip™.
3) Click on the Extract button. The default "Extract
To" directory is normally
set to to C:\Windows\Temp. If you prefer to have the files
extracted to a different
location, type the path into the provided text box and then
press the "Extract" button.
Once the extraction is completed, quit WinZip™.
4) Locate the three extracted files, labeled d8b_build427_disk1.exe,
and d8b_build427_disk3.exe in the directory into which the
files were extracted.
5) Label one double sided, high-density 1.44MB freshly PC
formatted floppy disk as
"Disk 1", a second as "Disk 2", and a
third as "Disk 3".
6) Double-click on the first file, d8b_build427_disk1.exe,
and you will see a
"WinImage™ Self-Extractor" dialog box.
7) Be sure that both "Writing on Floppy" and "Formatting"
are checked and click
on the "OK" button in the upper right corner of
the dialog box.
8) When the "Batch Assistant" dialog box appears,
insert Disk 1 into drive A:\ and
then click the "OK" button. If the disk is not blank,
you will get an additional
dialog informing you that all data on the disk will be overwritten.
9) When the WinImage™ utility has completed writing to
Disk 1, remove Disk 1
and insert Disk 2 and repeat steps 5 through 8 using d8b_build427_disk2.exe
Remove Disk 2 when the operation is complete. When the WinImage™
completed writing to Disk 2, remove Disk 2 and insert Disk
3 and repeat steps
5 through 8 using d8b_build427_disk3.exe instead. Rebooting
your PC with the disk in
can create problems with your PC.
10) With the D8B powered off, insert installation Disk 1
into the D8B's
floppy drive, and power up the D8B.
11) The D8B will boot into the installer program automatically.
prompts on the LCD screen.
12) Insert Disk 2 into the floppy drive when prompted, and
13) Insert Disk 3 into the floppy drive when prompted, and
14) When the D8B has completed reading all three installer
disks, it will ask you
if you want to install D8B version 5.0 build 427. Press "OK"
to finish the
installation, or "Cancel" to cancel the installation
without writing any files
15) When the installation is complete, remove Disk 3 from
the floppy drive and
power cycle the D8B.