MACKIE ONYX 80 SERIES CONSOLES MAKE NSCA DEBUT
March 10, 2005 – Orlando, FL – Mackie's recently announced family of premium live sound consoles, the Onyx 80 Series, are on display this week at the 2005 NSCA show in Orlando.
Scheduled to ship in early Q2, 2005, the new Onyx 80 Series benefit from much of the technology developed for Mackie's successful Onyx small–format analog mixers introduced in 2004. As such, the Onyx 80 Series consoles feature all–new analog circuitry, a full compliment of Mackie's flagship Onyx microphone preamps, and the renowned "British–Voiced" four–band Perkins EQ.
The Onyx 80 Series consoles are offered in four sizes: the 24–channel Onyx 2480, 32–channel Onyx 3280, 40–channel Onyx 4080, and 48–channel Onyx 4880. All four models incorporate features that any hardcore live engineer will appreciate including eight Aux Sends with Stereo Link function for up to four IEM mixes; an Aux/Group Flip function; an 10x2 Matrix; four Mute Groups; eight stereo Aux inputs; and an optional rack–mountable redundant power supply. The master section and channel strip configuration are the same across the line; the mixers differ only by channel count and footprint.
In addition to the features set, Mackie invested significant resources to ensure that the 80 Series consoles are durable enough to handle pretty much anything that regular road use can dish out. Extreme chassis rigidity is achieved through a modular bucket design and the addition of several heavy–duty aluminum I–beam extrusions that run the entire length of the chassis. "Basically, a block of Onyx stone is going to flex before these mixers do," commented John Boudreau, product manager for the Onyx 80 Series line.
Pro User Net pricing for the Onyx 80 Series models is as follows: Onyx 2480, $3999; Onyx 3280, $4799; Onyx 4080, $5499; and Onyx 4880, $6199.
The entire Mackie product line is currently on display at the NSCA Convention in Orlando, Florida, March 10–12, 2005, booth # 0720.
Key Onyx Series 80 Series Features:
Channel Strip Features:
- Premium Onyx microphone preamps on every channel
- 4–band Perkins EQ with hardware bypass
- 48V Phantom Power, Mic/Line, 100Hz High–pass, and Polarity switches
- 8 Auxiliary sends with Pre/Post switches
- Auxiliary Send Stereo Link feature for IEM applications
- Direct Outputs on DB–25 connectors (8 channels per connector)
- 4 segment LED level indicators
- Smooth, long–throw 100mm faders
- Mute, and PFL Solo switches
- Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs, plus 1/4" insert jack
Master Section Features:
- 8 Stereo Aux Inputs w/ 60mm faders, 4–band fixed Perkins EQ and 4–segment LEDs
- 8 Auxiliary Send Masters with balanced 1/4" output, 1/4" insert, Mute and AFL Solo
- 8 Groups with 100mm faders, balanced 1/4" output and 1/4" insert, Main Mix assign, Pan, Mute, AFL Solo and 4–segment LED meters
- 8 Aux Master / Group Flip switches
- 10 In x 2 Out Matrix with balanced 1/4–inch outputs
- 4 Mute Groups
- Balanced XLR Talkback Mic input with routing to all Aux Sends, Groups and Main Mix
- Dual 100mm Main Mix faders
- Phones / Monitor section with Solo, Monitor and Phones level
- Main Mix to Monitor / Phones switch
- Big pair of 12–segment tri–color LED meters dedicated to Main Mix and Solo levels
- Power Indicator LEDs for +15V, –15V, +48V and +12V power supply rails
- Rude Solo Indicators for AFL and PFL
Mackie, a LOUD Technologies Inc. brand, is known worldwide as a leading developer and marketer of high–quality, affordable professional audio systems. Mackie products can be found in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post production facilities, sound reinforcement applications including churches and nightclubs, retail locations and on major musical tours. For more information visit: www.mackie.com.
Mackie is a registered trademark of LOUD Technologies Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For more information please contact: Mackie · 16220 Wood–Red Road N.E. · Woodinville, WA 98072 · Phone: (425) 487–4333 · Fax: (425) 487–4337 ·Internet:www.loudtechinc.com.
This press release contains statements that are forward–looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the Company's business based, in part, on assumptions made by management. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward–looking statements due to numerous factors, including those described above and the following: changes in demand for the Company's products, product mix, the timing of customer orders and deliveries, the impact of competitive products and pricing, constraints on supplies of critical components, excess or shortage of production capacity, difficulties encountered in the integration of acquired businesses and other risks discussed from time to time in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports. In addition, such statements could be affected by general industry and market conditions and growth rates, and general domestic and international economic conditions. Such forward–looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward–looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.