The Mackie Master Fader app for our DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers with iPad Control has continuously evolved since its launch. In just over a year, we’ve added numerous additional features over five releases that have truly added value to DL users. Plus, our Master Fader and My Fader apps are always FREE!
Today, we are extremely excited to announce Master Fader v2.0 is now available! This major update to DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers incorporates some of the most requested feedback from users and adds an abundance of new features and enhancements. There are also some great updates to My Fader – also available now – that reflect this increased functionality.
With so much new stuff, we suggest you thoroughly read through the rest of this story and the release notes before upgrading. You might even want to spend a little time familiarizing yourself before heading out to the gig. Never update 5 minutes before the show starts. Please see our post about being prepared for Master Fader v2.0 when using iOS7 for more information.
Master Fader v2.0 is compatible with iOS5.1 and above.
Here’s an overview of all the great new features that Master Fader v2.0 offers:
Input Channel Linking
Link two adjoining input channels together into a single channel strip.
- Ideal for stereo input sources like keyboards, submixer outputs, vocal processors, etc.
- Level control, effects and everything else can now be handled with a single channel strip instead of two
- This also means you can UNLINK the stereo iPad channel to create two mono channels – great for isolating click tracks from backing tracks
- Perfect when using in-ear monitors or other stereo output destinations like broadcast feeds and recording devices, etc.
- Allows singular control over two connected aux outputs including level control, GEQ and compression
- Option for channels to use a separate aux pan instead of the main L/R channel pan.
Assign specific input and output channels to one or more of 4 separate mute groups
- Customizable, extensive control of channel muting
- Great for applications with rotating musicians on stage, broadcast, House of Worship and more
Assign each input channel to one or more of 4 separate view groups
- Only see the channels you want to see
- Improve your organization and navigate faster
- Great for hiding channels from musicians when paired with access limiting
- Ideal when
- using auxes for monitor mixes
- Apply channel effects like compression to the main mix without affecting monitor mixes
- Clear Solo – Easily clear all solos
- Effects controls – global reverb mute, global delay mute, delay tap control
- Mute group control – channel assignment, on/off control per mute group
- View group control – channel assignment, view group select
- Increased size of
- dynamics graph for more accurate control
- Addition of stereo metering for both inputs and outputs
- New input, output and gain reduction metering for accurate control and monitoring
- Control aux mutes and main mix mutes independently for each channel and aux send
- Great when FOH wants to use auxes to communicate with performers during break
- Ideal for performers mixing their own monitors, as they now have a mute of their own
- Mute the entire main mix with a single button press
- Great for muting the main PA during song breaks
We’ve made it faster to get around with less touches and swipes making users more productive.
- Fast access to dynamics – touch the gain reduction meter on the mixer view and jump straight to the dynamics screen
- Fast access to FX – the reverb and delay channels now show that effect at the top of their respective channel strip. Touching these jumps straight to that effect’s controls
- Fast return to channel view – when in channel view, touching the small EQ curve at the top of the channel strip gets you right back to the mixer view
My Fader v2.0 New Features
Of course, My Fader users want to take advantage of some of these great new features. My Fader v2.0 is also coming soon, with the following new features to ensure seamless functionality with Master Fader.
Input Channel Linking
Just like Master Fader, you can link two adjoining input channels into a single channel strip. On My Fader, this allows singular control over channel level, mute and channel ID functions.
Aux Send Linking
Link two adjoining auxes and control aux level, mute and channel ID from one aux layer.
Mute Group Support
Access any of the 4 mute groups that have already been set up by an iPad running Master Fader. This is great for anyone who runs their own sound, but uses My Fader on stage for convenience.
View Group Support
Access any of the 4 view groups that have already been set up by an iPad running Master Fader. When combined with access limiting, this drastically simplifies the view for a performer mixing their own monitors on stage.
My Fader v2.0 is compatible with iOS6 and above.
There’s even more to come with future Master Fader / My Fader updates. Got a feature to request? Visit mackie.uservoice.com and either vote up an existing feature request or submit your own.
We truly thank you for supporting Mackie. Happy mixing!