Important Info for iOS7 Users
Master Fader v2.0 is just around the corner and we want you to be prepared. There is one important thing iOS7 users should be aware of before this update happens. iOS7 has a new feature allowing the operating system to update apps automatically. These updates can happen before you’re even aware of them. This feature is great for consumer apps like games. However, for professional apps like Master Fader, and MyFader, an automatic update could leave you at a show needing to do an unexpected firmware update. Since updating the firmware can take up to 15 minutes, this may cause serious problems by delaying setup or the start of your show. Obviously this is not something you want to happen and we don’t either.
Because we want you to be able to update when you want and on your own time, we strongly encourage you to disable this automatic app update feature on all of your iOS7 devices.
Here’s how to disable automatic app updates and not get caught off guard at your next gig:
- Launch Settings App
- Select “iTunes & App Store”
- Under Automatic Downloads slide the switch for Updates to Off
If you decide to disable this feature as recommended, updates to Master Fader and MyFader will happen as they have before iOS7:
- You are notified of a Master Fader or My Fader update through the iOS App Store.
- You download and install the update. Boom. The app is updated.
- Now, your DL mixer needs a firmware update to work with the new app version. This is quite easy; the app contains the firmware update. The next time you connect your device to your mixer, you will be prompted to do an update. This process can take up to 15 minutes. We strongly recommend you update the mixer immediately after an app update.
We also suggest backing up your idevice to iTunes or iCloud before updating. Click here to learn how to back up and restore your content.